This course is designed to help participants provide a coordinated, comprehensive, preventive maintenance and repair services for qualitative service delivery for all departmental facilities within an organization. Facility managers ensure functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology. This programme aims to develop the competence of participants to deliver optimal services with due consideration for time, cost and quality.
- Describe the four basic functions of facility management
- Understand facilities management as an integration of different functions in facility maintenance and how these affect utility and durability of buildings.
- Describe the responsibilities for a facility manager.
- Understand the project management approach
- Identify key factors that contribute to effective and efficient property maintenance practices.
- Greater awareness of health and safety compliance issues, risk management and business continuity
- An appreciation of the importance and benefits of good project management
- Scope of Facility Management
- Property Maintenance
- Service Management- focus on the customer
- Operations Planning
- Project Management approach
- Safety and Emergency Management System
- Inventory and Supplies
- Property Inspection
- Local Codes and Ordinances
- Total Quality Management
- Establishing control of support services
- Facilities Budget and Reports
Estate Managers, Facility Managers, Maintenance Officers, Technicians involved In facility management Anyone aspiring to develop knowledge or take up a position in facility management.