This course is designed for staff who work in offshore oil and gas installations with boundaries defined by a mass of water.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the dynamics of protecting oil and gas installations in swamp and deep water
- Appreciate the types of offshore security threats and be exposed to the countermeasures in handling them
- Understand the framework for assessing security risks in their location.
- Types of offshore security threats
- organized crime
- Civil protest
- Internal sabotage
- Framework for assessment of offshore security threats
- Geography and enabling factors
- motivation and objectives
- capabilities and tactics
- Links and overlap between difference types of threats
- The use of technology in protecting offshore oil and gas facility
- The role of the military and law enforcement in protecting oil and gas facilities.