This training program is designed and developed to introduce participants to the different types of pumps and valves and their associated terminology.
The application of the different types of pumps, valves and compressors will be discussed along with their suitability for different operational duties. Pump, valve and compressor operations, troubleshooting and maintenance will be dealt with in depth.
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss Pump and Valve selection, applications, operations, and maintenance issues and be provided with the most up-to-date information and best practice in dealing with Pumps and Valves problems in a structured and confident manner.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the principles of pumps and valves
- Identify the various types of pumps and valves
- Make the right selection for pumps and valves
- Monitor pump and efficiency, availability and reliability
- Operate and maintain pumps and valves effectively
- Troubleshoot pump and valve problems
- Observe safety procedures while working with pumps and valves
- Confidently test and commission pump and valve systems
Team Leads, Plant Operations and Maintenance Personnel, Process Control Engineers and Supervisors, Mechanical Engineers, Pump/Valve Sales Engineers, Pump/Valve Service Contractors, Pump/Valve Operators and Plant Engineers
Lectures complemented with classroom exercises and hands-on practical sessions.
Three (3) Days
- Introduction to Pumps and Valves
- Pump Categories: Dynamic (Centrifugal, peripheral and turbine) and Positive Displacement (Reciprocating and Rotary)
- Centrifugal Pumps: Type, Operation, Application, pump selection, Casings, volute and Diffusers, Impellers(type), Mechanical Seals, Minimum Flow Requirement, Performance Characteristics, Cavitation and Net positive Suction Head
- Maintenance Recommended for Centrifugal Pumps
- Positive Displacement Pumps: Operation, Application, Troubleshooting, Maintenance and Selection of Pumps
- Reciprocating Pumps, Piston Pumps, Plunger Pumps, Rotary Pumps, Screw Pumps, Lobe Pumps
- Peristaltic Pumps, Vane Pumps, diaphragm pump, Gear pump and Metering Pumps
- Pump Maintenance, Inspection, Overhaul, Diagnoses of Pump Troubles
- Troubleshooting of Centrifugal Pumps
- Troubleshooting of Rotary Pumps
- Troubleshooting of Reciprocating Pumps
- Water Hammer
- Pump Selection
- Pumping System Calculations
- Workshop: Design and selection of Different Pumping Systems for the Oil and Gas Industry, and the manufacturing Industry
- Vibration Analysis and Predictive Maintenance
- Diagnostics of Pumping Systems
- Pump Drivers
- General overview of valve
- Operating principles
- Classification of valve types
- Valve Selection for Petroleum and process Industry.
- The Specification and Applied Codes.
- Critical Valve Choices.
- Installation Maintenance Guidelines.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of valves