Every machine with moving parts uses bearings to cut friction and boost efficiency of such machines. Bearings can’t give their maximum performance without proper installation and maintenance.
This specially designed training program will expose the participants to proper installation, maintenance and lubrication techniques that lead to the longest possible bearing service life for the various equipment and systems. Key information and skills on how to improve the performance of bearing systems which improves the reliability of rotating equipment will also be shared during the training.
At the end of this training, participants will understand:
- The make-up and operational principles of bearings
- Components, terminology, and types of rolling element bearings
- The bearing numbering system and significance of prefix and suffix characters
- The factors effecting the performance of rolling element bearings
- Bearing quality
- Operating environment
- Maintenance practices
- Proper bearing mounting and dismounting procedures
- Importance of proper lubrication and proper lubrication practices
- Causes of bearing failure
Mechanical Fitters, Maintenance Technicians and Engineers, Mechanics and Non-Mechanical Maintenance Personnel