This programme has been designed to prepare people new in the HR function to make a smooth transition into their roles. Participants will be grounded in the basic HR activities of attracting; engaging, developing and managing employee expectations to enable them contribute their best to the organization. Participants will also learn the administration support functions in HR setting.
At the end of this Fundamentals of Human Resources Management Course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of HR function to the business
- Help operational staff in meeting their needs.
- Assist in collating HR metrics
- Understand the laws relating to contract of employment
- Importance and definition of human resource
- HR function: Past, Present, future
- HR department roles and responsibilities
- HR partner model
- HR value proposition
- Employee life cycle
- Manpower planning
- Recruitment and selection
- Training and development
- Target setting and performance appraisal
- Benefits and compensation
- Employee engagement
- Laws of contract of employment
- Grievance handling, counselling, and disciplinary procedures.
- Introduction to industrial relations
- Personnel administration
- Staff handbook as HR tool
- Important HR metrics
- Employee satisfaction survey
Who Should Attend
Management trainees, Employees deployed from line functions to HR, Administration
officers and Office managers.