This programme is developed around Seven Key Collaboration Lessons for a harmonious workplace, namely:
- Avoid unreasonable or arbitrary positions
- Avoid letting prejudices show through
- Avoid bargaining by demands and ultimatums
- Explain positions logically and frankly
- Present reasons calmly, without personalizing
- Recognize legitimate concerns and needs of other side
- Take the lead over different parties involved that need to be aligned for the things at hand.
Subsequently on the job, people who take this course would be observed clearly as:
- Working well in harmony with others
- Accepting responsibilities
- Mastering effective methods for dealing with interpersonal conflicts
- Understanding and shaping their counterparts’ decisions and common interest
- Giving information
- Gathering information
- Practicing effective listening skills.
- Foundation for Excellent Collaboration
- Collaboration - The Business Case
- Good Collaboration
- Seven Key Collaboration Lessons
- Some Basic Human Needs
- What is meant by communication?
- Communication interaction - visual, vocal and verbal
- Beliefs and Attitudes
- The corresponding behaviors to reinforce the beliefs
- Religious/Traditional Values and beliefs
- Ethnic groups: Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa
- Leadership styles in organizations
- Potential Personality Conflicts
- Style Conflicts
- What to you is Competition?
- Who’s scoring more?
- Who’s creating surprises?
- Business Conflicts
- Funding-inspired conflicts
- Technology-inspired conflicts
- Competition-inspired conflicts
- Customer-inspired conflicts
- Government-inspired conflicts
- Business Case for Conflict Resolution
- Personal Case for Conflict Resolution
- Foundation for Great Harmony
- “We deal with people and not machines!!!”
- Knowing right from wrong
- Concern for others
- Building trust
- Ability to communicate well (oral expression)
- Ability to get things done
- Most Important Form of Intelligence is Social Intelligence
- Being aware of personal “default” style
- The patience to listen
- Making communication an easy process.
- Some Basic Human Needs at Work
- The need for respect
- The need to be appreciated
- The need to feel important
- The need to be understood
- The need to be recognized
- The need to be truthful.
- Negotiation and Persuasion Techniques
- The Styles
- Looking for interests behind positions
- Willingness to consider the other side’s interests
- Conciliation and Mediation
- Building a deal
- Being persuasive.
- Different kinds of people
- Establishing rapport
- Conflict management and resolution
- Managing your ego
- A commitment to personal integrity
- Be trustworthy
- Acquire and demonstrate expert knowledge and know-how
- Treat the other party with respect.
- Be a problem solver
- Be patient.
- Easy to get on with.
- Connect with other people effortlessly.
- Deliberately look for the good in each person and each situation
- Communication skills
- Unintentional cues
- Verbal cues: voice intonation or emphasis
- Behavior cues - use body language
- Language of the body in posture
- Facial expressions
- Eye contacts
- Hand gestures.
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
||Nov 28 - 30 Nov, 2018
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 Participants from Same Organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or More participants from Same Organization.