OHSAS 18001 is an international standard on occupational health and safety which was designed to help organizations identify, control and minimize their health and safety risks. The standard provides a framework which specifies the necessary policies and procedures that an organization should follow in order to establish the best working environment and prioritize the health and safety of its employees.
Why is Occupational Health and Safety Management important for you?
Occupational health and safety management needs to be of primary concern for organizations that are eager to have an incident-free workplace. As such, OHSAS 18001 lists the requirements for all organizations regardless of their size or nature of business. These requirements will lead to improved communications, both internally and externally, and will increase awareness of the health and safety matters in the workplace.
By becoming OHSAS 18001 certified, you will demonstrate your ability to meet the necessary health and safety requirements, and your commitment to improve the policies and attain competitive advantage to your stakeholders. Moreover, with OHSAS 18001, you will gain worldwide recognition, which can potentially lead to an increase in business deals and professional network.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management
Being OHSAS 18001 certified, will enable you to:
- Improve your image and credibility among public and prospective clients
- Reduce workplace hazards
- Minimize accident and incident rates
- Reduce operating costs- by minimizing incidents and ill-health which are associated with fees and compensations.
Why should you attend?
OHSAS 18001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) based on OHSAS 18001. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems and be able to apply them in an organization to ensure the well-being of employees by providing a safe and healthy working environment.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified OHSAS 18001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement OHSAS 18001 in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with OHSMS requirements
- OHSMS team members
At the end of this OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System Course, participants will be able to:
- Acknowledge the correlation between OHSAS 18001, OHSAS 18002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an OHSMS
- Learn how to interpret the OHSAS 18001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage,
- monitor and maintain an OHSMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Occupational Health and Safety Management System best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation of an OHSMS
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practica exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice test similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of OHSAS 18001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles.