This course presents learners/participants with an overview of workplace hazards in the worksite. It introduces the process of risk assessment and Accident prevention through examples of workplace scenarios suitable across all work sectors.
HSE Level- 1: (Basic/Foundation) Course Content/Module:
- Health Safety and Environment Appreciation
- Why Concern for Accidents?
- Causes of Accidents and Unsafe Act and Unsafe Conditions
- Accident Prevention Measures (Hierarchy of control)
- HSE Policies, Rules and Regulations/HSE Procedures
- Job Safety Analysis or Job Hazard Analysis
- Why Conduct A Job Safety Analysis and How Do I Conduct A JSA?
- Basic First Aid/CPR.
HSE Level – 2: (Proficiency) Course Content/ Module:
- Key Elements of a Health and Safety Management System
- Personal Protective Equipment/Persuading Workers to Use Provided Personal Protective Equipment.
- Procurement and Assurance of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Assurance of Personal Protective Equipment and Types of PPE.
- Introduction to Security management.
- Permit to Work System/PTW Certificate/LOTO
- Fire Prevention, Protection and Evacuation Procedure.
- Basic Fire Chemistry and Classes of Fire
- Identification of Fire Extinguishers, Size and Color Codes/Causes of Fire
HSE Level – 3: (Competency) Course Content/Module:
- Ergonomics for General Health and Safety Practitioner
- HSE Management Systems
- Hazard and Effects Management Process
- The Risk Assessment Matrix and Hazard Analysis
- Environmental Issues and Environmental Management
- Environmental Resources and Aspects
- Forms of Pollution and Pollution Control
- Environmental Effects of Air Pollution and Soil Pollution
- Oil Spillage and Sources of Oil Spills
- Waste Management and Principles of Waste Management (5 Steps)
- Waste Management Concept and Environmental Management Plan (EMP)
- Key Features and Content of a Health and Environmental Management Plan