ISO 26000 is an international standard, which was developed to provide guidance on how to behave in a socially responsible way. This standard is applicable to all organizations, whose aim is to contribute to the health and wellbeing of society, regardless of their size or industry. ISO 26000 is a guidance standard that helps organizations to enhance their operational processes and ensure healthy ecosystem.
Why is Social Responsibility important for you?
Social responsibility has become a major concern nowadays, as the pressure from the public for organizations to behave in a more socially responsible manner and adhere to social standards has significantly increased. Organizations around the world need to take the necessary measures toward enhancing their social performance and making the world a better place. By improving your performance through the adoption of ISO 26000, you will demonstrate to the audience that you are contributing towards a sustainable development.
By becoming ISO 26000 certified, you will not only prove that you are effectively delivering products and services to stakeholders and public; you will also demonstrate that you care about the environment and its sustainability. Moreover, you will enhance the reputation of the company by attracting new customers and employees, who wish to maintain a healthy ecosystem.
Benefits of ISO 26000 Social Responsibility
By becoming ISO 26000 certified, you will be able to:
- Increase your profits
- Help the organization behave in a more socially responsible manner
- Enhance the internal processes so that you contribute to the environment
- Increase the awareness of the impact of social responsibility
- Motivate the employees
How do I get started with ISO 26000 Training?
ISO 26000 certification is becoming fundamental to the short and long-term success of any organization. Thus, by obtaining our ISO 26000 certificate, you will be able to manage todays’ issues and be better prepared for tomorrow. Having gained worldwide recognition for our services and integrity, our global network of experts will guide you through all the necessary steps in effectively adopting the standard according to your business culture.
Why should you attend?
ISO 26000 Lead Auditor training enables you to gain comprehensive knowledge of the key principles and subjects of social responsibility, which are required to audit the integration of a Social Responsibility Program (SRP) within an organization. The Lead Auditor training will equip you with the necessary expertise to measure an organization’s performance in terms of sustainable development, legal compliance and society’s welfare based on ISO 26000.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 26000 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to measure organizations SRP performance based on best practices.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to master the skills needed to measure an organization’s Social Responsibility performance
- Managers or consultants seeking to master the audit of a Social Responsibility Program
- Individuals responsible for integrating Social Responsibility behavior within an organization
- Auditors seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of Social Responsibility principles, core subjects and best practices
- Understand the recent trends, characteristics and principles of social responsibility based on ISO 26000 guidelines
- Acknowledge how organizations integrate social responsibility and how ISO 26000
- guidelines complement it
- Learn the core principles and subjects of social responsibility
- Understand how ISO 26000 guidelines contribute to sustainable development
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on an audit
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in SPR audits
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understating of ISO 26000 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.