This course has been packaged to enhance the capacity of participants in assessing procurement operations for regularity i.e. compliance with the Public Procurement Act/Law and in verifying achievement of “value for money”. It will also enable them to assess the risks inherent in the procurement function, the strategic alliances that are often made, the information systems used, the management processes it affects and the bidding, contractor/consultant selection and contracting processes.
Specifically, by the end of the course, participants will be able to
- Detect and avoid the risks in every stage of the procurement processes.
- Ensure that every procurement complies with legal requirements of competition; thereby preventing lawsuits from tenderer.
- Understand the roles of BPP and the anti-graft agencies in Procurement Management.
- Determine achievement of “value for money” in Procurement operations.
- Prevent and detect the risk of Fraud and corruption in the procurement processes.
Module 1: Introduction to Procurement Audit and Types of Procurement Audit
Module 2: Identification of Risk Areas in Procurement of Goods, Works & Services
Module 3: Principles for Best Procurement Audit Arrangement
Module 4: Development of the Audit objectives and Audit Plan
Module 5: Checklist for Field Procurement Audit
Module 6: Procurement Audit: Roles of BPP, ICPC and EFCC
Module 7: Practical Class/Case Review
Module 8: Assessment Test
Module 9: Group Photographs/Award of Certificates
Officers in Procurement, Finance/Accounts, Audit, Administration and Project Departments