Most managers are educated and trained for their different functions, some have never been trained for financial accounting. Yet every manager is expected to understand finances well enough to make realistic budgets, manage cash, and hit his or her targets. This training will provide you with the skills and tools to do this, with the aim of achieving your organization’s overall goals.
Treasury Management and reporting is the lifeblood of any business. Finance is also the most important resource in any business to ensure healthy growth and business expansion. However, it is also generally the most poorly managed aspect of many organization. Cash flow management tends to take the form of crisis management at the end of each month. A common scene that happens in many organization every month is to search for pending invoices and what money can be collected and transferred into the bank account. What a stress to handle such financial crisis!
If the finance is managed well, we will not be sent to desperately call to the bank for financial assistance. Well-planned and proactive cash flow management start with managing your revenue and your business creditor properly, by planning ahead. Come and attend the treasury management and reporting a strategy for efficient service delivery intensive training workshop to get yourself and your staff equipped with the right knowledge and skills to manage your business's treasury and financial strategy.
- Understanding what cash flow is (i.e. operating cash flow/investing cash flow/financing cash flow)
- Understanding Accounting Terms: Profit, Revenue, Expenses, Expenditures, Cash flows
- Difference between cash flow and profit/loss
- Why ‘Turnover’ is an illusion and ‘Cash’ is real
- How to read and interpret the Cash Flow Statement in corporate reporting
- Understand the ‘Cash Flow Cycle’
- Sources of Cash and Funding
- Understand ‘Treasury Management’
- Ideal strategy for cash flow for business i.e “accelerate the collection of remittances and improve control of disbursement policy and how to achieve it
- Planning cash flow for seasonal business
- How to manage during periods of ‘negative cash flows’
- Other options for better cash flows
- What are budgets and the objective for Cash
- Understanding Capital vs Operating Expenditure
- Preparing an Effective Cash Budget
- How to formulate assumptions and the basis for cash budgets
- Quick introductions financial statements (i.e: Profit /Loss statement and Balance Sheet.)
- Ratio analysis
- How to read and interpret the financial statement (What is the story behind the figures?)
- Learning and defining profitability, liquidity, working capital management and investment ratios
- Learning how each category of ratios is inter-related and interpretation of them and assessing the financial health of a
- (i.e. Is this company worth the value is says? Is the company hiding the real financial situation? Is this company worth investing in? Is this company suffering from financial crisis and going doldrums?)
Who Should Attend?
Managing Directors/ CEO, Accountants, Financial Controllers, Accounts/ Finance Managers/ Executives, Administration Managers/ Executives, Personnel Managers/ Executives, HR Managers/ Executives, Entrepreneurs.
This training’s methodology is a combination of expert input, interactive practical exercises, lots of hands-on role-play, group discussions, sample of real financial statements of existing company's case studies, practical projects, and group presentations.