With constant changes in labor and taxation systems, payroll is one of the most challenging responsibilities a company faces each year. Managing personnel commitments can also be time consuming. In this training you will learn to maximize the benefits derivable from personnel income tax, for an effective tax administration in any organization.
At the end of this workshop you would have learnt how to effectively:
- Explain the goals and functions of payroll management.
- Prepare and present payroll reports.
- Understand how to prevent payroll fraud.
- Explain the benefits of various payroll structures.
- Calculate and explain employee income and adjustment to income.
- Decide the form and amount employees’ benefits for maximum tax benefits.
- Recommend techniques for managing confidentiality.
- Render payroll statutory returns
- Overview of Payroll Administration
- Importance of Payroll Administration
- Payroll Management Basics
- Payroll structures
- Challenges with payroll management
- Overview of Personal Income Tax Laws (Number 14 of 1993 as Amended to date)
- Legislations on Personal Income Tax
- Identification of Income for Tax Deductions
- Legislations on pension scheme
- Other statutory deductions: NSITF, NHS, ITF etc.
- Government Tax Policies and Payroll Administration
- Implications of Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion
- Income and Adjustment to Income
- Standard Deduction and Tax Computations
- Payroll Computerization
- Advantages/disadvantages of a computerized payroll system
- Logging in to a payroll
- Protecting confidential data,
- Setting up basic company details, setting hourly rates and payments,
- Viewing employee details, creating employee records,
- Navigating employee records,
- Backing up data
- Restoring payroll data,
- Editing employee details,
- Producing a variety of payroll reports,
- Selecting a payroll software
- Corporate Human Resources Management and Incentive Scheme
- Pension Gratuity Management
- Employee benefits and tax planning
- Salary Payment Practices – hourly, daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly
- Payroll Setup
- Payroll Components and Computation
- Payroll Accounting
- The Human Resources Management and Accounts interface
- Payroll Accounting
- Payroll audit
- Internal Control
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for individuals performing the payroll management function for their organization or as a rendered service to clients.
It is important for every personnel saddled with this responsibility to have a deep understanding of what it entails to manage an organization’s payroll effectively in relation to the peculiarities of the organization.
At the end of this course, participants will have sound working knowledge of payroll management and will also be updated on the relevant statutes guiding payroll management.
Group discussions, one on one consultation and coaching, with in-depth charts and analysis.
||Apr 09 - 11 Apr, 2019
|NGN 135,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee and Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than 2 staff will get 10% discount.