This financial analysis course provides an understanding of how financial planning and analysis can be applied by companies to gain a competitive edge in terms of identifying cost patterns, uncovering savings and maintaining cash flow.
The key element of this course is the focus on practical application of financial models and analysis, which are used to assess strategic and operational positions by leveraging a wide range of options to reduce cost and create additional value for companies.
You will learn about the financial business environment, strategic planning, management reporting, and decision control support.
Who Should Attend
It is most suitable for those who have worked in finance for some years, and are looking to acquire the specific skills needed to secure a new role or improve their career prospects.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Apply financial models and analytical tools
- Provide recommendations to support strategic initiatives such as productivity increases, risk mitigation, and the optimisation of profitability
- Analyse and report on the financial implications of various operational decisions and recommend a course of action
- Create and drive business intelligence and planning improvements within an organisation
- Identify business performance reporting challenges and priorities
- Develop and monitor specific performance indicators, reporting on trends and identifying causes of unexpected variance
- Prepare and present reports to senior management with confidence
- Conduct financial modelling, analysis and valuation exercises to support new product development and other ad hoc initiatives
Key Course Highlights
- The balanced scorecard and strategy
- Strategic cost management
- Using financial statements to analyse