In today’s rapidly changing landscape strategic leadership is needed to make a difference. Strategic leadership refers to a manager’s potential to express a strategic vision for the organisation, or a part of the organisation, and to motivate and persuade others to acquire that vision by aligning internal resources to achieve the ambitions, as well as aligning internal and external stakeholders.
The demands placed on today’s managers of teams are intense. No matter how impeccable your technical skills – whether in your own function or business in general – you are constantly asked to get more out of your teams. Even in the comparatively early stages of an executive career, there is pressure not just to manage but also to lead.
This GTC CPD/CMI accredited instructor led course is designed to help you understand the challenges and opportunities that define the moment, what needs to be done, and how to mobilise people and resources with purpose and urgency. This learning will enhance your ability to obtain results through others by improving self-awareness, motivating your team and influencing your organization
Key Learning Outcomes
Delegates who attend this GTC course will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Utilise practical strategic planning to become an affective organisational leader
- Improve strategic thinking and implementation
- Determine your personal leadership strengths and limitations
- Implement strategy and deal with ambiguity and multiple stakeholders
- Ensure that your organisation is staying ahead of the competition in an evolving market
- Engage and inspire others to accomplish your strategy
- Implementing strategies to achieve operational efficiencies
- Recognise the importance of employee engagement in delivering good performance
- Understand the effects of making changes and managing performance
- Fostering management excellence by example and leadership