Effective Media Relations and Media Management is an ever changing landscape. What worked yesterday no longer works today because trends change to meet the challenges of a new world and fast emerging technologies. To remain at the top, a corporation must fully understand the media agenda. It is essential to develop a greater understanding of the key attributes that will bring the media to a greater understanding and support for the corporation and its actions. Effective Media Relations Management is vital because corporate bodies are vulnerable. To exist, under scrutiny in a challenging media world, in the spotlight and under the control of newsmakers who can make or break potential means that you have be flexible and ready with a range of effective techniques.
Who Should Attend
Anyone and everyone in a corporate team who handles media and communications must be on this course. All links to the media must be knowledgeable and competent. The course is flexible in length depending on the delegate profile. It can be adapted for foundational, intermediate or senior professionals. If a specific sector focus is required, the trainer will adjust the content and case studies to suit the sector. This course is able to be adjusted for 1to1 sessions or taught on site to PR departments during their working day.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Explore the new definitions of Effective Media Relations Management
- Design an effective media strategy programme for all occasions
- Understand the fundamentals of journalism in a modern context
- Discover options and utilise mainstream, mobile and social media outreach for wide reach and coverage
- Learn how to measure effectiveness in media relations and news coverage
- Examine best case studies and award winning media relations practice
Key Course Highlights
- Learn how it really works behind the scenes on an international scale
- Examine secret techniques that will attract the media and give them what they want
- Become confident in dealing with all media queries using the right option
- Explore how to evaluate the media outputs and bring about improvement
- Discover the use of storytelling in winning that positive front page