The management of contracts is a crucial function in any organisation and if not given adequate attention could mark the downfall of a project and cause serious complications to an organisation’s well-being. The course will focus on the skills and understanding needed to function successfully in any contract arrangement.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal for senior officers and middle managers likely to move into senior positions and will be responsible for management of contracts either fixed-term of infinite. Also suitable for procurement and PPP projects.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Master the more complex issues behind contract formation, execution, funding and contract performance
- Tackle management problems associated with various types of contracts
- Develop and set the standards to improve on professionalism and service delivery through the execution of contracts
- Address terms and conditions within contracts and corporate relationships (public or private)
- Enhance the capacity of administrative structures that oversee selection of suppliers, including continuous monitoring, evaluation and performance of the contracts
Key Course Highlights
- Fundamentals of a contract: types and kinds of contracts, contract management principles
- Administrative and key structures in supporting the contract process, team building, process review and reform, aspects of electronic contracting
- Selection process, criteria creation and setting standards of negotiation, execution and post-completion feedback
- Public contracting: transparency and accountability issues
- Budget, cost analysis and planning; ensuring value for money