This course introduces key principles and practices in the management, monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, and equips participants with project management, monitoring and valuation skills. The training blends planning and management principles with skill development related to data collection and analysis. The delegates will be involved in elaborating specific exercises and tools in small working groups and that way developing knowledge and skills for direct application in their projects and programmes.
This course is registered with the Project Management Institute (PMI)® R.E.P. Programme. As an R.E.P., GTC has been approved by PMI to issue applicable Professional Development Units (PDUs) for its Training courses. PMI allows credential holders to apply PDUs to the maintenance of their credentials. One (1) PDU is equivalent to one (1) contact hour of Training. The PDUs to be earned are agreed during the course design phase and are included on your individual course attendance certificates.
Who Should Attend
This training is intended for project management officials, government officials, department heads and programme managers; policy makers and programme implementers; development practitioners and activists, NGO and CSO members, university researchers among others.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the concepts of monitoring and evaluation
- Designing M&E systems and frameworks
- Understand the framework
- Prepare and implement the monitoring and evaluation
- Determine relevant indicators and data necessary for evaluation
- Define realistic expected results based on appropriate analysis
- Monitor progress towards results and resources consumed with the use of appropriate indicators
Key Course Highlights
- Basic concepts in monitoring and evaluation
- Results-based monitoring and evaluation
- Readiness assessment and outcomes to monitor and evaluate
- Project planning and effective decision making
- Scope management
- Developing a stakeholder management and communication strategy
- Managing resistance and conflict
- Effectively leading a monitoring and evaluation project
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Determining critical success factors and key performance indicators
- Learning from project monitoring and evaluation