This course prepares delegates to cultivate modern policies and practices in their department or area of responsibility. Delegates will discuss, analyse and evaluate key elements of modern governance using interactive techniques and case studies from Africa, Asia and Europe. The course provides ideas to stimulate improvement of economy, efficiency and effectiveness in the workplace and examines means of developing staff into high-performing teams.
Who Should Attend
Good governance is essential to the delivery of efficient, effective modern public and para-statal services. This course will benefit leaders, managers, HR professionals and others who help develop and deliver strategy, policy or administration in public service or parastatal organisations.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the need for policy reform and its impact on economic development
- Examine effective methods of performance management
- Explore cutting-edge human resource practices
- Appreciate the importance of good record keeping and information management in order to improve efficiency
- Develop and present a personal action plan
Key Course Highlights
- Examine the socio-economic impact that governance has on civil society
- Develop techniques to help manage the implementation of reform in organisations
- Consider budgetary measures which will deliver financial savings for departments
- Reduce the incidence of corruption
- Develop inspiring leadership behaviours