This is a professional development workshop that seeks to provide the participants with useful knowledge required to develop effective frameworks for monitoring, evaluating, and implementing development plans, programs, budges, and projects.
The course targets Government officials and Development advisors that design, implement, and manage sector plans, programs, budgets, and projects. These include program staff who monitor and govern projects, program managers, practitioners who work in government agencies and civil society organizations, involved with MandE, as well as individuals interested in MandE.
- Gain knowledge on the role that MandE plays in the improvement of project and prorgam management, and in policy decision making.
- Define Theory of Change and Critical pathway
- Develop and design MandE framework/system for governance program.
- Develop concise understanding of MandE concepts, principles, processes and framework for?
- Develop insight in the different stages of the evaluation process and tools/ methodologies that are most appropriate in different types of evaluations.
- Get basic knowledge and tips on how to use PMandE tools for enhancing the capacities of decentralization at local and national levels and for boosting accountability systsems at municipal levels.
- Identify and develop governance performance indicators
- Understand how the log frame approach promotes evidence based on policy making
Topics to be Covered
- Building necessary statistical and analytical capacities
- Developing governance performance frameworks/MandE system
- Development Interventions
- Evaluating governance program
- Focus on some interesting practices and recent trends
- Governance, Leadership and Public Value
- Introduction to MandE for governance programs
- Logframe Analysis
- MandE approaches and tools for governance programs
- Managing Monitoring and Evaluation Practice
- Monitoring Systems
- Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation
- Public Finance and Performance Budgeting
- Reporting and communicating MandE results
- Setting performance indicators
- Support for harmonised approaches and national MandE systems
- Specific challenges encountered in monitoring and evaluating support to decentralisation and local governance
- The importance of strategic alliances and harmonised approaches
- Theory of Change and Critical pathway