Bank Tellers perform a variety of tasks such as processing withdrawal and deposit transactions, updating customer accounts and answering bank products related questions. At various points throughout a shift, long lines, quick switching between multiple requests, back-to-back phone calls and distractions can reduce a teller’s productivity and increase stress.
Although work habits and learning styles assist bank tellers to find his or her own ways of becoming efficient on the job, certain proven methods often help bank tellers improve efficiency.
This programme is designed to provide practical training to Tellers on the art of efficient tellering.
At the end of the training, participants should be able to:
- Handle cash transactions accurately.
- Attend to customers courteously and promptly.
- Understand the laws relating to cheques transactions and apply the rules while performing their jobs.
- Be attentive to the rules that guide the bank for anti-money laundering transactions
- Principles of banking
- Adherence to the oath of secrecy
- Adherence to the code of dressing
- Adherence to the operational standard
- General standards expected of bankers and banking institutions
- Duties and essential qualities of a Teller
- How to be an efficient bank Teller
- Laws relating to chequing transactions
- Cheques collection
- Crossed cheques
- Types of crossing
- General crossing
- Special crossing
- Account payee only
- Care and control of cash
- Methods of handling notes and coins
- Errors to look-out for in a paying–in slip
- Procedure for dealing with errors on paying-in slip
- Precautions and security
- Precautions against fraud and forgery
- Action during emergency
- Vault operations
- Balancing operations
- Bank’s products
- Dry Teller duties
- Cash reconciliation/dry teller duties
- Ethics and professionalism
- Professional competence
- Confidentiality of information
- Total commitment
- Relationship management - tellers and services
- Anti-money laundering controls
- Customer service and attitudinal re-orientation.
- Business communications - Effective Communication Strategies with Bank Customers
Note: Available as Classroom Training as Well as Online Training