Risk remains a potential hindrance to agribusiness investment and growth in developing economies. The importance of risk analysis and management in agribusiness cannot be undermined. Risk analysis and management empower agripreneurs to identify the types of risks business are exposed to, how to plan and manage them. It averts low yield, low quality, loss of market, low profit and increased unemployment; thereby ensuring sustainability of the business. However, there exist inadequate knowledge and skills in risk analysis and management amongst agripreneurs. Therefore, there is need to equip participants with appropriate knowledge and skills in risk analysis and management of agribusiness.
This training workshop is designed to improve the knowledge and skills of participants in risk analysis and management of agribusiness. At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Explain the concept of risk in agribusiness;
- Identify and analyze agribusiness risks; and
- Explain strategies for managing agribusiness risks.
- Overview of agribusiness risks.
- Data gathering for agribusiness risk analysis.
- Assessment of agribusiness environment.
- Identification and analysis of risks in agribusiness.
- Strategies for agribusiness risk management.
- Contingency planning for risk management.
- ICT application in risk management.
Lectures, group discussions, case studies, exercises etc.
Who Should Attend?
Agripreneurs, Farm Managers, Business Advisors, Extension Officers, Farm Project Officers, Agric. Finance Institutions, Officers from Bank of Industry (BOI), Bank of Agriculture (BOA), NAIC, NEMA, NDDC, Oil Companies and NGOs etc.