Strategies, Risks, Negotiation,Governance and Leadership are the essential skills for those who are dedicated to maximizing their performance and value-added contribution (and that of the people who work for them). As the business and Political environment becomes ever more uncertain and turbulent, the requirement for Political and professional leadership and management throughout organizations and the Nation is at a premium. Hence, these four elements of this training course provide a structured and coherent framework for addressing the challenges for which professionals and Political Leadership face in respect of both their day-to-day and longer-term responsibilities.
This training will feature:
- Identifying effective and proven strategies
- Appraising and Managing Risks
- Practical Win-Win Negotiating Strategies
- Improve Strategic Management Skills
- Getting the most out of the people who work for you
- What are the Goals?
- By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Develop an appreciation & understanding of each of the elements of the course.
- Understand how the elements interact to create a systemic approach to mastering the essential tasks of any leader in business today.
- Develop the skills and applications needed to master each individual element
- Utilize the four elements in achieving individual, team and high organizational results
- Identify priorities for continued professional and political development
Who is this Training for?
- This training course will benefit all Members of the National assembly, Ministers,Governors, Permsec,DG/CEO,professionals who desire to learn practical high level leadership and management techniques to maximize their effectiveness and contribution at work/political life. The training course will give them the understanding and skills to approach strategic and everyday challenges and problems with the awareness, confidence and self-assurance needed to take action and achieve positive results.
How will this Training Course be presented?
- This course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes mixture of speaker input, facilitated discussion, syndicate work and practical exercises, with an emphasis on delegate involvement at all times. The learning tools include video case studies, team problem solving and analysis tools to uncover core strengths and innovating ideas.
The Course Content
Day One: Strategy
- Introduction to strategy - background, historical developments, major theories
- Strategic Management – a practical approach for every leader
- A consistent methodology for strategy development
- The relationships between vision, mission and strategy
- The steps involved in developing a strategy
Day Two: Risks
- The meaning and nature of risk
- Identifying the risks in a given strategy
- Prioritizing risks
- Contingency planning
- Risk mitigation strategies
Day Three: Negotiation
- The everyday role and attitude of ‘Win-Win’ negotiating
- Power - gaining a superior position
- Strategy and Tactics in negotiating
- Understanding your opponents negotiating style and tactics
- Negotiating Counter measures
Day Four: Leadership
- The strategic role and nature of effective leadership
- Charisma and how to earn it and use it effectively
- The role of the modern leader and how leadership has changed
- Innovative Leadership skills
- Maximizing the performance of each team member
- Motivating the 'average' employee
Day Five: Strategic Leadership
- Intrapersonal style and skills
- Interpersonal and leadership communication skills
- Leadership and The Challenge of Change
- Strategic leadership for team development
- Developing a personal action plan for further self-development
|LAP NEW WORLD HOTEL JABI ABUJA
||Nov 21 - 24 Nov, 2022
Dr. Francis Okereke 08035062583
DR FRANCIS OKEREKE PHD,FCA,FCIB,FIMC,CMC,FCILRM,AMNIM,MBA will lead other industry experts in this all important seminar.