Assertiveness training provides individuals with the skills and knowledge to enable them to communicate more confidently and effectively, using assertive behavior techniques.
The course provides participants with the opportunity to work on their own personal and work situations, where they want to be more assertive. Delegates leave the training equipped with some effective, practiced strategies for achieving a more successful outcome.
Our assertiveness course is ideal for people looking to take more control of their working and/or personal life. The training includes techniques and strategies to help delegates become more confident and assertive to achieve their desired outcome when communicating with others.
By the end of this one-day training course, the participants will have:
- Recognized the three main categories of behavior, their advantages, and disadvantages and how to best respond to them
- Tried a wide range of assertiveness techniques to help them to become more assertive in the workplace
- Created an action plan to enable them to build on their new assertiveness skills going forward.
- Recognize that they are important and that their opinions are valid and worthy of consideration
- Learn to identify & eliminate negative thinking and self-talk
- Master effective communication
- Learn to set achievable goals in line with personal values
- Learn how to “feel the part”, “look the part”, “sound the part” and “become the part”
- Learn strategies for dealing with difficult behaviors in other people.
- Course Coverage
- Introducing the Assertiveness Skills Toolkit
- Facilitator presentation and participant personal introductions
- Understanding what makes people assertive and their benefits
- Types of behaviors
- Benefits, advantages, and disadvantages of each type of behavior
- Internal beliefs and their impact
- Rights and responsibilities
- Expressing your desired outcome
- Rotating flipchart group work, facilitated group review, individual questionnaire, pairs exercise, and group discussion
- Using assertive communication
- Words and phrases to avoid
- Positive phrasing
- Importance and impact of positive body language and voice tone
- Updating the Assertiveness Skills Toolkit
- Practice writing assertive response on a personal scenario
- Demonstration and presentation, individual and pairs exercise and practice, facilitated group review
- Further techniques for developing assertiveness
- Fogging and broken record technique
- Ways of saying ‘no’
- Giving feedback
- Presentation, Met planning, and small group exercise facilitated group review
- Responding to other behavioral styles
- Appreciating the impact of the different styles of behavior on each other
- Strategies for responding to different behavior styles
- Resolving conflict in a constructive way
- Facilitator presentation, small group exercise, facilitated group review
- Action planning and reflection
- Review of learning and action planning, course feedback
- Individual reflection and action planning exercise facilitated group review
|The Professional Place: 12b, Olumoroti Street, Gbagada Phase 2, Lagos.
||Nov 17 - 18 Nov, 2022
Patience 07034854045, 09080022449,08058805333
Group Registration of 3-9 attracts 5% discount,10 and above attracts 10% discount.