This workshop teaches electrical troubleshooting and is concerned with the calculation of fault currents in electrical power systems. Short – circuit currents are associated with large amounts of very destructive energy and therefore calculation must be made to ensure that the short circuit rations of equipment are adequate to cater for these high currents.
- Source of fault current
- Common fault
- Short-circuit rating of equipment
- Selecting the correct switchgear rating
- Overview of per-unit system
Three Phases short –circuit currents
- Manual calculation of three phase short circuit current
- Industrial system and fault current analysis ‘cable subjected to short circuit currents
- Compliance with reputation
Unsymmetrical fault conditions
- Overview of symmetrical components and faults
- Consideration of various fault type
- Sequence networks
- Phase shift in two winding transformers
- Earth impedance
- Three winding transformers
Representation of Unsymmetrical faults in power system
- Fault diagram of electrical equipment
- Interconnected sequence networks
- Fault current analysis software
Computer based calculation of faults
- Common network faults
- Industrial standard namely ANSI, NEC and NFPA to compliance
For Whom: Works, Services and Maintenance Personnel
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
||Sep 24 - 27 Sep, 2019
|NGN 160,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N160,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.