PRINCE2 Foundation certificate course is available on JK Michaels’s open public schedule, or JK Michaels can come to you to run the course at your own premises. Online learning is also available for individuals and groups.
Officially launched in October 1996, PRINCE2® is the method used for planning and managing projects in the public and private sectors. The method is used for a wide variety and size of projects. PRINCE2® is universally accepted as best practice project management.
Prince2 Foundation Certificate Course Objectives?
The key objectives of PRINCE2 Foundation course are:
- Understand the PRINCE2 method at Foundation level
- Understand the integrated elements of PRINCE2 (principles, processes, themes and tailoring) within a work environment
- Understand the benefits and principles underlying a structured approach to project management
- Help delegates to operate effectively with colleagues and managers within a structured project management environment.
Prince2 Foundation Certificate Course approach?
- The PRINCE2 Foundation course is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by an APM Group approved trainer with practical experience of project management.
- JK Michaels highly acclaimed e-learning event preparation is available to everyone attending this event. Delegates should spend approximately 5-10 hours studying the pre-course material in order to be well prepared for the course.
- Due to the intense nature of this course, delegates should plan to commit approximately 1 hour each evening during the course for study and review.
- JK Michaels’s flexible approach to the management of the course means that delegates can choose to continue on the course for a further two days to complete Practitioner level or return at a later date to complete the PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam if they so wish.
What examinations are taken on the course?
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam: 1 hour, closed book exam consisting of 75 multiple-choice questions.
- What course materials are included?
- PRINCE2 Online Event Preparation
- JK Michaels’s highly acclaimed online event preparation is available to everyone attending this event. Delegates should spend approximately 5-10 hours studying this pre-course material in order to be well prepared for the course.
- PRINCE2® Manual
- The official PRINCE2® Manual, sent with pre-course material.
- Course Handouts
- PRINCE2 Primer – This is an overview of the PRINCE2 method that is sent with your pre-course materials.
- PRINCE2 Foundation Handout – Provided during the course, this handout includes the tasks used during the course, a copy of the slides used by the trainer, Key Learning Points, and the APMG sample foundation exam paper.
- PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
- The 1-hour PRINCE2 Foundation Exam is held on the final day at 4pm. Results will be available within 30 minutes of the end of the exam.
- All courses include refreshments, Complementary lunch provided on courses outside Lagos.
- What does the course cover?
- This three-day course covers the PRINCE2 Foundation syllabus, including the following topics:
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects – Setting the scene for a structured approach to managing all projects; project success criteria; the model of the PRINCE2 method including the integrated elements of principles, processes, themes and tailoring.
- The Process-based Approach – PRINCE2 focuses on key processes needed for successful project management which must be present but may be ‘tailored’ to reflect the complexity, scope and risks faced by the project. JK Michaels’s PRINCE2 Process Model will be used to help delegates understand and appreciate what should be done to manage each project, why it should be done and when in the project lifecycle.
- Business Case – What is a Business Case; Outcomes, Outputs, Benefits and Dis-benefits; Developing, Verifying and Maintaining the Business Case; Confirming the benefits and the Benefits Review Plan.
- Organisation – Project Management Team Structure and the Project Board, Project Assurance, Project Manager, Team Manager, Change Authority and Project Support roles & responsibilities. Stakeholder management; Communication Management Strategy.
- Plans – Levels and content of Plans; Exception Plans; Product-based approach to planning – Project Product Description, Product Breakdown Structure, Product Description, Product Flow Diagram; the PRINCE2 planning steps.
- Progress – Management and Technical Stages. Tolerance and Raising Exceptions. Project Board and Project Manager Controls for Reviewing and Reporting Progress; Baselines for Control; Capturing and Reporting Lessons; Event-driven and time-driven controls.
- Change – Issue and Change Control procedure; Configuration Management procedure; Configuration Management Strategy; Baseline, Handling changes; Tracking and protecting products; Change Authority; Change Budget.
- Quality – Quality Defined, The Quality Audit Trial; Acceptance Criteria, Quality Criteria, Quality Management Strategy, Quality Assurance, Quality Controls and Quality Review technique.
- Risk – Risk and Risk Management; Risk Management in Projects; Risk Management Strategy; Risk Management Procedure; Risk Budget.
- Practical Work – A specially written scenario runs throughout the course from start to finish. A comprehensive set of tasks help provide a practical application of the method. Many tasks are designed to help delegates link the four integrated elements of PRINCE2® – Principles, Processes, Themes and Tailoring. There are also sample exam questions for delegates to practice on before sitting the Foundation exam.
||Feb 04 - 08 Feb, 2019
We are blessed with a network of internationally acclaimed, practical, professional, A+ rated, best-in –class facilitators with aggregate experience of over 25 years.