Program management certification PgMP® course will equip delegates with the skills and techniques required to deliver on strategic objectives.It will walk through the entire life cycle of a program while facing the types of realistic challenges that are encountered in any program. The course will provide the tools and techniques for program governance, program planning, effectively managing stakeholders and ensuring that your program realizes its benefits and defined objectives. The course is designed to achieve the Program Management Professional (PgMP®) certification.
Program management PgMP® certification is the process of managing several related projects, often with the intention of improving any organization’s performance. The discipline of program management requires a refined set of business and leadership skills that are vastly different from that of a project manager. However, being an effective program manager still requires a firm foothold in project management as the discipline of program management is the next logical step in the career progression.
As a result of attending this course, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to effectively navigate the program management discipline and successfully prepare for the PgMP® program management certification exam. You Will Learn How To Prepare to pass the PMI ® PgMP program management certification examination Integrate the examination blueprint from the PgMP® exam specification Navigate the 47 processes and 12 knowledge areas of The Standard for Program Management 2nd Edition
Program Management Certification Outcomes
- Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the steps needed to complete your exam application and meet the required criteria
- Prepare to pass the PMI® PgMP® certification examination
- Navigate the 47 processes and 12 knowledge areas of The Standard for Program Management 2nd Edition
- Use effective program management tools and techniques
- Identify and implement best practice program management governance
- Relate program delivery to business / strategic objectives
- Initiate a large-scale program to implement organizational strategy
- Manage, plan, execute and control a successful program consisting of multiple, related projects
- Ensure the realization of project and program benefits
- Effectively manage stakeholder relationships
- Report and control of programs in an effective manner that utilize best practice reporting tools
- Analyze methods essential for PgMP® exam success
- Align your program management experience with PgMP® terminology and definitions
Program Management Certification-Pgmp® Requirements
- The PgMP® is the next step after the Project Management Professional certification. It is for project managers that coordinate the management of multiple projects.
- To be eligible for the PgMP® certification, the individual must have, within the last 15 years, satisfied these requirements:
- With High School Diploma, associate degree or equivalent:
- 4 Years (6,000 hours) of project management experience along with 7 years (10,500 hours) of program management experience.
With Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent:
- 4 Years (6,000 hours) of project management experience along with 4 years (6,000 hours) of program management experience. Additionally, if bachelor’s degree or equivalent is obtained by from a PMI® accredited university, the individual receives 1,500 hours toward the requirement for program management experience.
Program Management Certification Criteria:
- To be considered certified, the following criteria must be satisfied:
- The candidate must meet the educational and project experience as described above;
- The candidate must apply to the program where their education will be reviewed by PMI® staff as well as their work experience will be reviewed by a panel of program managers;
- The candidate must pass a multiple-choice exam to demonstrate their knowledge and abilities;
- The candidate must pass a competence assessment where a group of people will rate the individual’s competence in a work environment.
- The Project Management Institute’s Program Management Professional credential (PgMP®) defines the global standard of best practices for program
||Jun 17 - 20 Jun, 2019
We are blessed with a network of internationally acclaimed, practical, professional, A+ rated, best-in –class facilitators with aggregate experience of over 25 years.