Electrical equipment plays an important role in the safe transmission and distribution of electrical power. The equipment needs to be operated in a safe manner securing continuity of supply to consumers. This workshop covers the fundamentals and techniques of troubleshooting and maintenance of electrical equipment and connections. It reviews state of the art practices in the maintenance of power substations, motors and fault protection systems.
Fundamentals of Electrical Maintenance
- Overview of typical power systems
- Drawing, diagrams and symbols
- Review of basic laws-ohm law, resistance, and capacitance inductance
Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- Power substation and transformers
- Switchgear fuses molded
- AC motors
- DC motors
- Motor control centers
Understanding the Complies power systems
- Use of capacitors in power factor connection
- Grounding and grounded fault protection
- Fundamentals of systems analysis
- Electrical systems and components
Electrical Equipment: Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Transformer components and troubleshooting
- Maintenance of electric motors
- AC mechanic component and problems solving
- Generator maintenance and troubleshooting
- Variable speed drivers
Field Tests Essential to Planned Maintenance Programmes
- Developing a sound maintenance programme
- Measurement and test instruments
- Low resistance measurements
- Methods and interpretation of insulation testing
- Current injection testing of circuit breakers
Safety in Electrical Maintenance
- Proper use of test equipment
- Safe work practice and procedures
For Whom: Works, Services and Maintenance Personnel
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
||Oct 15 - 18 Oct, 2019
|NGN 160,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N160,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.