SIPM is a fast and engaging workshop. Focusing on a pragmatic approach on how to apply a series of processes, regarded as first-class practices within project management, this course also helps equipping the participants with managing methods, practical tools and techniques, designed to make the classic project tasks easy to handle. In particular, this program addresses the aspects of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and the close-out of multi-facet/multi-disciplinary programs. Attendees will have the opportunity to apply modern tools and the current techniques for improved planning, execution and control of international projects. Further, the course will allow the attendees to participate in small group and class discussions on the current issues related with the international program management arena.
Course Key Takeaways
- Understand the structure and approach of successful international project management
- Understand and have confidence on how to setup and direct a PMI compliant complex international project/program through real-life case study and examples
- Gain a broader perspective by understand how projects fit into portfolios and programs perspectives – the famous eagle view
- Understand theories, eponymous laws, and the most used tools and techniques that impact and therefore help or hinder in achieving
- Understand what is being researched in the field of project management and the findings that can help you in your position
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals wishing to formalize and extend their existing knowledge from a project competency perspective whilst building on best international practices based on knowledge areas and processes
- Any senior project stakeholder moving into an international environment
- Senior managers/directors aiming to develop strategic skills for the selection and successful management of projects and programs
- Team leaders working in an international project environment that would like to broaden their understanding of the different perspectives of project management including theories/eponymous laws such as agency theory, stewardship theory, Parkinson’s law and student syndrome and how these impact project success
- Team members looking to develop their awareness of international project management and how they can best support their project managers
- Sponsors of projects, who would like to learn more about how international projects are setup and managed as well as many tips on their role and how to be an excellent and supportive sponsor