Training on fundraising and grant management is an important course in the daily life as it helps people to management loans and grant provided by finance institution. In addition individuals will obtain knowledge on how to raise funds meant for funding various activities such as education, hospital bill among other. Grants management and fundraising relates to the administrative tasks which mostly deals with handling of the money, reporting, and program implementation in a way that meets generally accepted standards as well as the requirements of the funding source. The trainees will not require any software during the training sessions.
The course will mainly target the members of the society who have general knowledge on finance management skills, education, and business. In addition the course wishes to be acquainted with financial management concepts which will help in application in the real life. Further the course does not require prior attendance.
And the end of training the participants will be able to:
- To develop organizational fundraising strategy, completive funding proposal, use log frame and other proposal writing, costing and budgeting tools
- Apply various skills of grant management and fundraising
- Allocate funds to the necessary activities
- To design and use various fundraising approaches and methods in fundraising, types of funds and funding frameworks.
- Handle funds appropriately to avoid embezzlement
The methods for training on fundraising and grant management will include use of practical group works, tutorials, guided sessions by the instructor, and presentations among the trainees. The course instructors are well conversant with the concepts on the two concepts that is fundraising and grant management.