MOBILE DATA COLLECTION USING ONA AND KOBO TOOLBOX
Start Date: 06/05/2019 End Date: 10/05/2019 for 5 days
Register online: https://bit.ly/2QKhyyw
Organizer: DATA-AFRIQUE CONSULTANCY (www.data-afriqueconsultancy.org)
Course fee: KSH 70,000, USD 1,000
This instructor led training course will be delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work.
The course will give participants an in-depth understanding of both Ona.io and KoBo Toolbox. 90% of the five days includes hands-on instructor led practical lessons.
Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. Participants should be reasonably proficient in English
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis and reporting
- Gather data for project/programme using innovative Mobile data gathering tools.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course targets government representatives, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations, consultancies, etc, who work as M&E specialists, project managers, researchers and technical specialists.
- Introducing KoBo Toolbox and Ona
- Question types
- Data types for each question.
- Questionnaire logic
Survey Authoring using KoBo Toolbox and Ona web Form builders
- Introducing survey authoring
Advanced survey authoring
- Questions with Single/Multiple response
- Repeat questions
- Skip logic and patterns
- Group questions
- Referencing of data
- Cascading select
Survey data hosting
- Using KoBoToolbox for survey data hosting
- Using Ona for survey data hosting
- Account management and setting in KoBo toolbox
- Account management and setting in Ona
Data management and analysis
- Visualization and Analysis of data using KoBoToolbox
- Visualization and Analysis of data using Ona
- Notes and dates.
- Questions.with Multiple choice
- Multiple Language Support.
- Hints, metadata and more.
- Conditional Survey Branching.
- Required questions
- Constraining responses
- Skip: Asking Relevant questions
- The specify (other)
- Grouping questions.
- Skipping many questions at once (Skipping a section)
- Repeating a set of questions.
- Special formatting.
- Dynamic calculations.
- Survey Styling and formatting – Working with the appearance column.
- Working with media files.
- Cascading select
- External selects
- Installation and configuration of KoBo Collect
- Installation and configuration of ODK Collect.
- Downloading forms into the mobile devices.
- Using KoBo Collect and ODK Collect to collect data
- Introducing GIS
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Introducing the Fusion Table
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Using QGIS to export data to Fusion tables
- Conversion of data to shape files
- Platform choice
- Platform choice discussion
- Integration of tools of Mobile Data Collection into projects.
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
- We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The training will be conducted at DATA-AFRIQUE TRAINING CENTRE, NAIROBI KENYA.
- The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.
- Payment should be sent to our bank account before start of training and proof of payment sent to: email@example.com