This course provides participants with concrete crisis management solutions and strategies, while giving insight into the delivery of effective Crisis Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence (C3i) implementation and stakeholder response.
This is a practical course that provides participants with a framework that is aligned with the British Standards Institute (BSI) BS 11200, coherence with NCEMA 7000 and ISO 22301 and International requirements. It includes specific templates for Crisis Management that participants will be able to take away to use in their own organizations.
It incorporates elements that bring Crisis Management to life; and the course identifies how to analyze complex incidents in order to deliver effective solutions through best-in-class processes and procedures for building an operational response.
For anyone who wants to gain a greater understanding of Crisis Management, and wants to be challenged by realistic scenarios, this is an opportunity not to miss.
This course will be highly interactive and include group discussions, videos, case studies and syndicate work.
Participants will be involved in scenario based Crisis Management Development Exercises during the course, and be given support to initiate their own Crisis Management strategy throughout the 4 days.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Crisis Management and its preferred framework for the private and public sectors
- Understand escalation of incident to crisis to disaster
- Understand Civil Defence responsibilities
- Apply effective crisis management tools and techniques for when an organization is under pressure
- Develop an effective stakeholder management plan for use in a crisis
- Identify measures that would improve their organizations' crisis management capabilities
This course is designed for those working in a non-hazardous environment such as corporate offices, retail, transport, hospitality, healthcare public services, etc. It is ideal for senior managers who are responsible for dealing with crises at strategic and tactical levels, as well as operations managers and crisis management team personnel. Business Continuity, quality, and audit professionals such as Business Continuity Managers (BCM), Business Continuity Coordinators (BCC), or anyone with the responsibility for, or involvement with Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and/or auditing of Crisis Management Plans would also benefit from this course.
- Crisis Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Risk Management
- Contingency Planning
- Internal and External Audit
- âCrisis Management Overview
- Define Crisis Management
- Crisis Management framework
- Command centre operational dynamics
- Invocation pressures and processes
- Civil Defence
- Strategies, structures and command
- Crisis Management Team
- Information flows
- The timeline technique
- Crisis Management team essentials
- Logging of information
- The 3IA operations board