Buildings and facilities like utility plants, power & water distribution networks, parking lots and landscaping become more and more complex and expensive. That is why building & facilities maintenance is big business nowadays. It is one of the largest budget expenses and therefore always a target for cost cutting operations. However, facilities are major assets too and support continuously to operational performance and the realization of the corporate strategy.
This Maintenance Management training course shows you how to apply best practices to organize and manage your buildings and facilities as a successful "business within a business". The goal is to operate and maintain the building and facilities in an effective and efficient way, in order to integrate function, people and place.
This PetroKnowledge course is about finding the right balance between asset performance and costs and about the right balance between operating and maintaining the facilities in-house or contracting it out. As strategic or tactical building and facilities maintenance decisions are often bounded by financial consequences and valuation effects, building and facilities maintenance professionals involved in tactical management of buildings & facilities need to be able to understand and foresee the consequences of their decisions in a broad sense.
This training course will highlight:
- The basic principles of asset management in a building and facilities maintenance environment
- International standards on asset management (ISO 55000)
- The implementation of good building and facilities maintenance and asset management practice
- How to realize higher performance at lower cost within compliance
- The ways to monitor the performance
- Several ways of assessing the current state of your building and facilities maintenance and asset management processes and benchmark it with others
- How to draw up an implementation plan