The Parish Administrator is responsible for the supervision and management of administrative functions, financial activities, plus systems related processes for a church parish.
Parish Administrator's position calls for:
- Coordination with other Parish staff
- Participation in staff planning
- Operational meetings
- Significant interaction with the Parish Priest
- Interaction with the various Parish advisory councils
- Access to and management of sensitive information.
- People skills
- Keen oversights readiness
- Flare for figures
• Interaction with the Parish Priest
• Interaction with Parish advisory councils
• Managing meetings
• Protocol administration.
• Personnel control and decisions
• Personnel recruitment and training
• Performance evaluation
• Personnel records management
• Payroll and remunerations management.
• Keen oversights readiness
• Parish Facilities and Grounds
o Procurement of services and supplies
o Maintenance contracts and supervision
o Quality consciousness
o Risk, safety and health management.
• Mastering Diocesan policies and procedures
• An understanding and compliance with Governments statutes
• Liaison between the Parish and the Diocese
• Prompt posting of offertory to parish and parishioner recordssw
• Maintaining healthy cash flow for the Parish
• Monitoring Parish bank and investment accounts
• How to prepare and defend Parish budgets
• How to monitor budgetary performance
• Financial receipts and expenditure controls
• Proper bookkeeping procedures
• Financial controls
• How to prepare financial reports.
• Parish bank account reconciliation