The International Maritime Organization (IMO), introduced the ISM Code to the industry in 1998, it is now mandatory for a wider range of cargo ships and for mobile offshore drilling units (MODU’s), and it is seen as a major instrument to safeguard seafarers from workplace hazards. Past maritime major incidents were a terrible warning bell that highlighted the importance of a Safety management System on board Vessels and Offshore Installations. By attending this intensive 5 Day training, the participants will develop a key understanding of the mandatory ISM Code, the very regulation which is impossible to ignore in today’s highly regulated industry.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- The reasons and background of the implementation of the ISM Code
- The governing principles of the ISM Code
- The Companies responsibilities
- The Role of the Designated Person Ashore (DPA)
- ISM compliance, internal audits and the system of external verification
- Safety Management Systems - Hazard identification and Risk assessments methodologies -and their role in the ISM Code