The way public finances are organized in the country forms the basis for how government offices and authorities run their activities. This course will support delegates with much of the knowledge and skills that can help them advance into senior Public Sector roles. Their insight in Public Sector financial management and fiscal accountability will increase in ways to accomplish most with limited resources.
An Understanding of Government Finance
- Revenue sources
- Expenditure responsibilities
Government Financial Management
- Fiscal federalism
- Effective financing structures
- Monetary policy
- Fiscal policy
- Classification of government expenditure
- Public debt sources and management
- Government enterprises
- Multilateral institutions.
Budget and Budgetary Process
- Politics of Budgeting
Institutions in the Budget Process
- Budget Office
- Spending Ministries
- Ministry of Finance
- House of Assembly
- Executive Council.
- Appropriation bills
- Fiscal transparency
- Financial accountability
- Intergovernmental transfers
- Value for money and Cost management.
Tax Policy and Revenue
- Taxes, Duties and Fees
- Tax Laws and Regulations
- Classification of Taxes
- Exemptions and Reliefs
- Federal Inland Revenue Service
- State Board of Internal Revenue Service
- Joint Tax Board
- Multiple (Vexatious) Taxes
- Tax Avoidance and Tax Evasion
- Tax Appeal Tribunal.
Controls and Application of Funds
- Fiscal responsibility
- Governmental budgetary balance
- Revenue management
- Expenditure management
- Internal controls
Auditing of Government Accounts
- Accounting and auditing functions in government offices and departments
- New accounting standards
- Reporting requirements
- Advancing IT systems.
Public Sector Financial Reporting - IPSAS
- Budget information in Financial Statements
- Core Objective
- Accrual and Cash Accounting IPSAS
- General purpose financial statement
- Components of Financial Statements
- Disclosure of budget information
- Reporting Format.
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos
||May 20 - 24 May, 2019
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.