By the time the training ends, Officers and Managers who participate in it will:
- Have learned how to work well in ways that maintain and improve efficiency and productivity
- Be able to successfully address the intricacies of the workplace
- Make Officers and Managers understand the management styles that can affect workplace success
- Support them to develop the right competencies in the work environment
- Encourage them to maintain necessary discipline at work
- Make them know how their career can grow.
Major Competencies to Deliver
- Effective communication
- Team management
- Problem solving.
These competencies will make them to:
- Develop critical behaviors demanded of any responsible employee
- Practice how to link their daily activities with set direction of the organization
- Learn how to recognize, stimulate and develop high professional qualities
- Manage the tricky liaison between their department and other departments.
Defining Respective Roles
- How to define respective roles
- Understanding the organization
- know your stakeholders
- Customer service
- Writing reports
- Budget management
- Human resources practices
- Records Management
- Health and Safety
- Self Mastery
- Interpersonal Mastery
- Business Mastery.
Office Management Culture
- How to establish trust
- How each cadre becomes more effective
- Trusting your colleagues
- Acting on change.
Essential Administrative Capabilities
- Setting priority and managing work pressure
- Becoming an Organised Person
- Procrastination - the thief of time
- Work space arrangements and organization
- Managing meetings
- Assertiveness Skills:
- Dealing with Time Wasters
- Setting and Sticking to Priority.
- Problem solving techniques
- Managing meetings effectively
- Managing projects to meet deadlines.
- What I get from the organization
- What I am able to give to the organization
- My sense of belonging
- Concern about my growth and development
- Building stable careers.
- What capabilities must we have in place to win?
- How each cadre becomes more effective?
- Supportive leadership and communication skills
- Managing relationships and partnerships
- Benchmarking other organizations
- Target Setting and Performance Management Tools.
Management systems required to succeed
- Developing tactics and strategies for the future
- The ability to pay attention to detail
- Smooth functioning of an office's day-to-day
- Effective interpersonal communications
- Finding areas for potential improvement
- Finding ways to cut costs and improve productivity
- Keeping morale high in the Service
- Organizational ability.
The Focus on Performance
- Agree priority and measurable performance criteria
- Raise the performance bar
- Creating a sense of urgency and excitement
- Maintaining focus on the goal
- Sustaining momentum
- Link daily activities with set business direction
- Recognize, stimulate and develop high performance
- Motivate others, get them to participate in team decisions
- Focus efforts on overall group objectives
- Build and maintain a positive, results-oriented work climate
- Remove interpersonal barriers to understanding, cooperation and motivation.
Managing and Resolving Group Conflicts
- Common causes of conflicts
- Types of conflicts
- Signs of conflicts
- Interrelationship of assertive and cooperative behaviors
- Compromise in the team
- Collaboration in the team.
Management of Crisis Situations
- Disasters and catastrophes response
- Priority and sure-footed decisions and actions.