Are you under pressure from an ever-growing task list, conflicting demands and constantly changing priorities? Productive working practices are valuable skills in today’s work environment. Competition is intense and companies need people who can organize their time effectively, collaborate with others to achieve goals, and who constantly strive to better meet customer and stakeholder needs.
This popular training course will help you to develop practices and techniques to manage this pressure proactively, allowing you to meet deadlines and deliver against your objectives. You will also develop skills in working well with others to ensure success.
This Course will feature:
- Managing assigned tasks effectively
- Evaluating and establishing priorities to meet crucial deadlines.
- Effective planning and project management techniques
- Task leadership and collaboration skills
- Influencing and stakeholder management skills
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
- Apply the skills necessary to get work completed on time.
- Use effectively, basic project planning tools to plan and schedule work.
- Identify key stakeholders and understand how to gain their support and input.
- Use positive communication and influencing techniques to ensure work is completed on time.
- Appreciate and engage colleagues to gain their commitment and support.
Who is this Course for?
The training course is designed for persons who desire to learn practical management techniques that will assist them in tasks, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines for work and projects. The training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who want to learn techniques to work with other colleagues.
- Team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Professionals who have an interest in a management position
- Anyone who wants to become a leader in their work role.
- Project, purchasing, finance and production officers and personnel.
- Technical professionals including those in Maintenance, Engineering and Production
- Secretaries, clerks, administrative and support staff
- Anyone who juggles multiple tasks and deadlines.
How will this Course be Presented?
- This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes learning with presentations, discussion, practical activities, videos, team practice exercises and case studies.
The Course Content
Day One: Introduction of Work Task Concepts
- Understanding the role of self-management in managing tasks
- Overview and context of task management
- Identifying reasons for the current focus in business on managing tasks
- Understanding how work is accomplished in organizations.
- Identifying the role of strategic management in leadership of tasks
- Understanding the role of organization type in task management
Day Two: Importance of Planning in Management of Tasks
- Clarifying goals, objectives, assumptions, and constraints in work
- Integrating a scope, work structure and management plan in assignments
- Learning to identify and manage stakeholders.
- Identifying risk techniques that affect tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Understanding how to develop clarity of purpose and objectives in task assignments.
- Identifying the skills necessary to lead and manage work tasks.
Day Three: Setting Priorities and Deadlines in our Time Management
- Using the manner, we approach work as an initial time management plan.
- Planning for time management, scheduling, and meeting deadlines
- Integrating time management into development of priorities
- Making the most from meetings, e-mails, interruptions, and transition time
- Developing a personal plan, with a ‘to do’ list and priorities.
- Dealing with time wasters, procrastination, and bosses
Day Four: Skills Required to Deal with People in our Work Assignments
- Identifying skills required to obtain the help of others on tasks.
- The importance of understanding our ways of working with others
- The importance of interpersonal skill in accomplishment of tasks
- Identifying interpersonal work styles of self and other
- Understanding task flexibility and versatility in people leadership
- Learning how to work better with others to have productive work.
Day Five: Personally, Managing Tasks to Implement Change
- Learning techniques to use communication for success in tasks.
- Understand the characteristics of proper communication.
- Identifying methods to deal with human change patterns.
- Developing a personal plan to become more effective with self-management.
- Dealing with some people who struggle with change.
- Practicing techniques to help colleagues with change.