Hydrocarbon loss reduction management in oil refineries and petrochemical plant involves the identification and quantification of losses and the institution of measures for their control based on environmental, financial and regulatory considerations. In addition, hydrocarbon accounting at refineries and petrochemical plant is a complex subject owing to a combination of factors and the hydrocarbon loss reduction is faced with several problems as well.
This 5-day intensive Refining and Petrochemicals training course will identify how to get to the core of this issues using thorough analysis of the circumstances that contribute to reducing hydrocarbon loss in refineries and petrochemical plant and ultimately results in maximization of their profitability. Participants will learn how to apply several practical, systematic methods for reducing hydrocarbon loss in refineries and petrochemical plants. Understanding of these techniques will be reinforced by exercises.
This PetroKnowledge training course provides both theoretical and practical knowledge and skills highlighting:
- Elements and Measuring HC Loss
- Managing HC Loss
- What a Good HC Loss Management Program Looks Like
- Impacts and Benefits
What are the Goals?
By the end of the training course, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to perform successful programs to reduce HC loss at refineries and petrochemical plants
- Determine typical hydrocarbon loss sources and standard solutions
- Learn industry standard targets for maximum allowable loss
- Apply Industry standard material balance methods
- Define required instrument measurement accuracy
- Apply flare and fuel measurements and calculations
- Determine tankage losses and prevention
Who is this Course for?
This highly-interactive PetroKnowledge training course is intended for anyone who takes part in the reduction of hydrocarbon loss or who helps decide hydrocarbon loss investments. No prior knowledge of hydrocarbon loss management is required.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit to:
- Refinery and Petrochemical Plant Managers
- Finance Manager
- Yield Accountants
- Control Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers
- Plant Engineers
- Process Engineers
How will this Course be Presented?
A highly interactive combination of lectures and discussion sessions as well as case studies will be managed to maximize the amount and quality of information, knowledge and experience transfer. The training course will be intensive but practical and highly interactive. The sessions will start by raising the most relevant questions, and motivate everybody finding the right answers.
The attendees will also be encouraged to raise more of their own questions and to share developing the right answers using their own analysis and experience. There will also be some indoor experiential activities to enhance learning. Course material through power point equipped with necessary animation, learning videos and general discussions will be provided.
Organisation gain in sending their employees to attend this training course includes:
- A good refinery mass balance: â¦Fuel gas measurement is accurate to differentiate fuel consumption from HC loss
- Flares are metered and monitored
- Crude oil, feedstock, intermediate, and product densities are kept up to date in flow meters and tank inventory systems
- HC loss is monetized
- A good HC loss reduction program under which sources of routine losses are identified, monitored, and eliminated: â¦Flaring is minimized except in emergencies
- Slop oil production is minimized
- Sources of HC vented directly to the atmosphere are eliminated
By attending this training course, you will be able to understand and apply:
- Principals, processes and management of hydrocarbon landscape in refineries and petrochemical plants
- Elements of losses their measurement and over-all reconciliation methodology