This training is designed to enable participants to acquire the skills and competences required to become CSR practitioners through specialized, detailed and highly focused classroom teaching and review of CSR case studies from around the world including Nigeria and other African countries. It provides participants with the tools and necessary practical CSR framework to function as a CSR Practitioner in any part of the world. Emphasis will be on Strategy, Implementation, Reporting and Communication.
Upon completion of the course, trainees are able to:
- Apply the knowledge and skills gained in middle CSR management levels
- Develop and implement an effective CSR strategy
- Develop CSR reporting and communication models in line with global best practices.
- Acquire a world class certificate in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
The course consists of the following:
- What is and what is not CSR
- Importance of CSR in Different Sectors of the Economy
- Making a Business Case â€“ Private Sector
- CSR in the Public Sector
- Public Sector CSR Strategies â€“ Analyses and Case Studies
- CSR Strategy and Global Standards â€“ Case Studies
- Corporate Governance and Sustainability
- Global Models: Presentations and Description â€“ Global Reporting Initiative (G3), UN Global Compact, CDP, UN Guiding Principles, ISO 26000, etc.
- Responsible CSR Communications and Strategy
- CSR and the Supply Chain
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Reporting - Integrated Reporting based on GRI and IIRC Guidelines
- External Assurance and how to communicate to gain Reporting Credibility
- The Concept of CSR, Corporate Governance and Business Ethics in Africa
- The Importance of Implementing Effective CSR Programs in Africa â€“ Case
- The Intrinsic Link between CSR and National Development
- The Role of CSR Practitioners and Future Trends in Africa
- Beyond Basic CSR â€“ Importance of Human Rights Due Diligence
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights â€“ An African
- HRDD as a Strategic Investment
- Exercises and Testing of Understanding
Even though there are no formal educational requirements, admission is a selective process based on professional achievement and organizational responsibility. We expect participants on this program to have basic understanding of CSR either through education or practice.
Who should attend?
Company Managers, CSR Practitioners, Public Relations Managers, Marketing Managers, Human Resources Managers, Sustainability and Environmental Professionals who wish to advance their understanding, bring added value to their organization or get hold of a globally accepted CSR Certificate to progress their career.
This program is appropriate for individuals as well as teams of executives from the same organization. When colleagues attend a program together, the organization benefits from their shared knowledge and common vision. This, in turn, enables participants to enhance their ability to pursue business goals as a team, effect critical transformations, and transfer knowledge.
|4 Sule Abuka Street, Opebi, Ikeja Lagos
||Apr 24 - 27 Apr, 2019
Eustace Onuegbu 08108610473
Lead Facilitator – Profile Eustace Onuegbu is a member of the United Nations Business and Industry major group, a certified Management Consultant by the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI) Switzerland, a certified ISO 26000 Social Responsibility and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety, Lead Implementer and Master Auditor with the Professional Evaluation and Certification Board (PECB), Canada and a Fellow of the Institute of Management Consultants (IMC), Nigeria. He is presently serving as the President of International Network for Corporate Social Responsibility (IN-CSR) and Board of Trustee member for a number of organisations. Eustace is the initiator and host of the International Conferences on Business and Human Rights and has worked with leading organizations such as the Central Bank of Nigeria; Zenith Bank PLC, Centre for International Governance and Innovation (CIGI) Canada; University of Lagos Nigeria; The Federal House of Representatives, Abuja; Oil and Gas Free Zones Authority among others on Sustainable Development, Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility, and Corporate Governance. In the past 18 years of practice, he has made several representations to international organisations including the United Nations, the European Union, African Union, ECOWAS, and The Senate of Federal Republic of Nigeria on a wide range of environmental and social impact issues.Eustace is a leading CSR / Sustainability expert and an avid advocate of instituting global best practices in the conduct of Corporate Sustainability and Responsibility (CSR) in Africa. He holds a degree in Marketing from Abia State University in Nigeria, another in International Business and Management from Amsterdam School of Business, The Netherlands and a post graduate degree in International Human Rights Law from Birmingham City University in the United Kingdom.