The workshop will highlight current trends and practices in forensic accounting and audit reporting. It will describe various forensic auditing techniques to expose fraud. Identify and help mitigate the potential for white collar crime within the organization. Minimize the potential for fraud and theft. This will be the focus of this important workshop. It will also teach best practice methods in modern auditing.
- What is auditing and Accounting information system (AIS)
- What is forensic accounting or financial forensic
- Forensic engagement categories
- Task performed by forensic accountants
- Personnel qualities expected of a forensic accountant
- Information need of a forensic accountant to facilitate his work
- Who needs the forensic accountant?
- Qualities expected of a forensic accountant.
- Stages in the investigative process
Intelligence Gathering-Interviewing Witnesses-Documenting Evidence
- Analysis tools
- Use of computer software in computer auditing (CAATS); ACL
- Forensic analysis of forged and fraudulent documents
- Role of forensic accounting in litigation support services
- Typical forensic accounting services
- Signature verification and forensic audit controls
- Definition of internal control systems
- Internal control systems and procedures
- Systems documentation process
- Systems review methods: to detect loopholes in the internal control process and to plug identified loopholes
- Systems upgrade: to cover anticipated areas of deficiency
- Causes and types of fraud
- Punishing fraudsters
- Audit reporting
- Experience sharing session
- Emerging trends and challenges
|Lap New World Hotel Jabi ABUJA
||Jan 23 - 26 Jan, 2023
Dr. Francis Okereke 08035062583
A team well seasoned experts has been arranged for this all important event.