Fraud has become the bane of most business Organizations especially in this difficult and inclement operating environment. Fraudsters abound both internally and externally, making it imperative for any serious Organization to protect itself from being fraud-infested. Any Organization that fails to protect itself is inadvertently inviting corporate undertakers to move in.
Protection against internal or external fraud should no longer be left to internal auditors alone, but should be the responsibility of everybody including top management staff Accountants, Security staff, Personnel and admin managers, external forces like the police force, External auditor, Security services men etc. Infect all hands must be on deck to check the menace of fraud in the work place.
In this very important workshop, new strategies in fraud detection, prevention and control will be exhaustively explored.
Creating an Environment for Dealing with Fraud
- Fraud related challenges and danger.
- Emotional responses to fraud.
- Establishing fraud policy and response.
- Auditor’s fraud responsibility
- Why people commit fraud.
- Types and categories of fraudster.
Introduction to Fraud Detection
- How fraud surfaces.
- Five-step approach to fraud detection
- Fighting fraud right form staff recruitment stage.
- Fraud symptoms and “red flags”
- The responsibility of top management and human resource/ personnel department.
- Why auditors do not detect fraud.
- The responsibility and role of the internal security department.
Detecting Fraud in a Computerized Environment
- The fraud implications of technology
- Computer crime examples
- How to use computer audit retrieval for detection
Introduction to Investigation
- The investigate process
- Relationships with management and attorneys
- An investigation checklists and resource guide.
- Investigate techniques and approaches
- Identifying the perpetrator.
Interviewing and Taking Statements
- Perils and pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Interviewing tactics and techniques
- Interview forms and checklists.
Dealing with Law Enforcement and Management
- Bond coverage
- What case documentation should include.
- What must be done to present cases to law enforcement agencies
- Reporting to the audit committee.
- Role of the police force, NDLEA, SSS, Economic and financial crime commission, ICPC.
Enthroning A Fraud Preventive Internal Control System
- Definition of internal control system.
- Internal control systems and procedures.
- Systems documentation process.
- Systems revise methods: to detect loopholes in the internal control process and to plug identified loopholes.
- System upgrade: to cover anticipated areas of deficiency.
- Emerging trends and challenges
Directors, Top Management staff, Accountants, Auditors, Personnel and Administration Manager, staff of Internal Security Department, Information Technology Managers and indeed all members of staff who can help management fight fraudulent activities in both the public and private sectors including Banks, Insurance Companies Oil Companies, Manufacturing Companies, Trading Organizations, Services Providing Organizations, Government Ministries, Parastatals, Agencies, Commissions, Institutions etc.