Strategic planning in the public sector is a challenging and exciting subject. There is a significant and growing emphasis in the sector on project outcomes, value for money and financial efficiency and also on the changing relationship between public and private institutions. Today public sector organisations are increasingly required to plan strategically for their future by using the tools and techniques that have been developed in the private sector. All this is the focus of our new course.
This highly participative EuroMaTech training course will address the major issues of setting strategic objectives, planning programmes and projects and preparing for the future. We will also look in detail at the way in which we evaluate the outcomes of public sector strategic decisions and we will offer guidelines on developing and integrating strategic and operational activities for the purpose of achieving and sustaining high-level performance in economic, social and business development. Measuring economic and business impact will figure significantly in this training course, which we intend to sharpen the focus of all public sector personnel on the quality of operational outputs and strategic outcomes. It will give participants abroad map on which the future of the organisation can be confidently based.
Participants attending Strategic Planning in the Public Sector training course will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the value of strategic analysis for public sector organisations
- Learn how to transfer, adapt and apply best practice from the private sector
- Align public sector operations in support of the private sector
- Balance the requirements of economic development and business growth
- Make a significant contribution to preparing a strategic plan for their organization