The economic environment has expedited a rapid development in what business is looking for from Human Resource professionals and raised needs which challenge the contemporary functions of Human resource. To deliver the results organisations are seeking, HR professionals today need a new set of competencies - HR strategies that are driven firmly from the business strategy, navigating the political and commercial terrain and finding more flexible and measurable ways to deliver value.
Business partnering has implications for personnel and development professionals. It often means new roles, new skills and sometimes new careers as the HR professional must constantly learn to respond and adapt to rapid changes in the business.
As business partners, HR practitioners integrate their activities closely with top management and ensure that they serve a long-term strategic purpose both for the organization and for their individual careers.
This course will help HR professionals to understand how they can contribute more effectively to business agenda.
- At the end of the programme, participants will acquire the skill/knowledge to:
- Understand how HR could support and enhance the business imperatives of their organisation
- Understand how to integrate the functional HR strategy into that of the organisation
- Improve your own effectiveness and develop skills required to function as HR Business Partner
- Enhance ability to influence and challenge business decisions
Key discussion points:
- Changing Context of Business partnering
- Roles and Structures of HRBP
- Core Purpose
- How strategic or operational
- Effects of Technology
- What makes a great business partner: key competencies, values and experience
- Implications of HR business partnering for HR careers present and future
- Operating as an HR business partner
- How to gain credibility and trust as an HRBP
- Relationship Building across functions, departments and borders
- Current Issues and challenges in HR business partnering and practical steps to address them
- Measuring and Evaluation: Making a connection between activities and achievement