Data analysis and interpretation are critical aspect of evidence-based policy decision making. For data to be useful, it must be correctly processed, analysed and interpreted to aid evidence-based decision making.
This workshop is designed to equip and build capacity of planning and research officers to apply various techniques for data analysis and interpretation.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of data analysis and interpretation for policy making;
- Describe the processes involved in preparing data for analysis;
- Identify method of data analysis and interpretation;
- Apply relevant methods in data analysis; and
- Interpret the analysed data and its implications for policy making.
- Framework for data analysis and interpretation
- Data editing/coding, Capture/entry and cleaning
- Data analysis for planning
- Testing data reliability and validity
- Data Organisation and Mining
- Statistical estimation of data: Techniques of data analysis and interpretation
- Evidence based decision Making
- Tabulation plan and reporting
- ICT Application for data analysis using E-VIEWS, Stat, MS-Excel and SPSS, SPSS, E-View, Grelt Software, Python
Lecture, exercises and hands-on. Audio-visual aids will be used to enhance learning.
Researchers, Econometricians, Academics and analyst in all fields of economic applications, including business management, financial markets, socioeconomics and health, development economics, public finance and tax policy, as well as international trade and finance from public and private sectors.
Mode Of Assessment For Certification: 100 percent attendance/active participation.
||Nov 12 - 15 Nov, 2019
|NGN 165,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration