This practice-oriented course focuses on strengthening the economic capacity of local and regional communities. Considering the UN’s post-2015 development agenda, this course will explore strategies and tools for local authorities to promote sustainable and inclusive economic growth and decent work for all.
International experts will present strategies to improve local conditions for job creation and poverty reduction. The course will also explore international examples of financing LED-initiatives and best practices in public-private partnerships.
LED in different contexts
During the course, you will learn about different approaches to accommodate the different needs of urban and rural contexts as well as local economic and social development in least developed and post-conflict states. Furthermore, you will become familiar with strategies and tools to support decent work and human rights and include vulnerable and marginalised groups, such as women and youth, in the local economy. There will be ample opportunity to bring in experiences from your own local context.
This course will help you:
- Assess the economic and political context for regional development;
- Identify challenges and opportunities for strengthening the local economy and job creation together with stakeholders at local, regional and national level;
- Develop approaches for strategic local economic planning;
- Become acquainted with practical tools for supporting the local economy.
- After this course, you will receive a professional certificate of completion from The CeProd Academy for Governance.
- Intended Audience
- Professionals involved in local economic development processes, including development workers, officials working for municipalities, state governments and ministries, as well as development banks.
- Through a combination of lectures from visiting experts, as well as exercises and syndicate sessions, participants will have the opportunity to share experiences and interact with a wide range of people and perspectives.
||Apr 07 - 11 Apr, 2020
|Abuja, Lagos State, Nigeria
||15 - 18 Sep, 2020
|Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
||04 - 07 Feb, 2020
|Lagos, State, Nigeria
||03 - 06 Nov, 2020
|NGN 250,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 20% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount