Insurance – a specialised sector – different rules apply – you can be as prudent or reckless as you like. Well, maybe once upon a time. But accounting and auditing standards have developed and tightened up. This course on essentials of effective financial and commercials skills for non-financial managers working within the insurance and reinsurance sectors.
For everyone in the sector there is a need to be financially literate – a need to understand statements and the accounting concepts and standards that underlie the statements. All those in the industry need to understand their and other businesses accounts and finances, including:
- Their own accounts and those of re-insurers what do they mean?
- Supplier’s accounts – are you getting the best deal?
- Customers’ accounts – what are the risks of insuring businesses – do the accounts reveal anything?
Presented by experts, this seminar gives a complete picture of what must be known today regarding insurance financial management. This programme will examine, explain and apply financial and commercial tools and techniques both general and those specific to the insurance industry. Using examples from insurance and reinsurance to enable you to be a financially aware manager and make a positive impact on financial efficiency and profitability.
The key objectives of this programme
- The main objective of this programme is to review the principles and practices of reporting used in the insurance and reinsurance industry.
- It will help you to develop skills in using the information to measure performance and particularly signs of financial stress and lack of viability within your organisation.
During this training you will review and examine:
- Financial statements practices and terminology
- What is in insurance company accounts and why
- How prime data is recorded and presented in the final accounts
- The meaning of investment valuation, reserves, provisions and shareholders’ funds
- The terminology and methods of triangulation
- Analytical review, ratios and performance measurement tools and techniques
- The effect of reinsurance on financial statements
- Accepted industry performance measures and improve skills in identification and use of specific performance measures
- Current market issues and the science or art of reserving the principles and practices of commutation both inwards and outwards
Who should attend?
This course has been specifically designed for any non-financial manager or technical expert in the insurance and reinsurance industry, including:
- Claims managers
- Business development managers
- Heads of departments
- Risk managers
- course managers
- In-house lawyers
||Apr 18 - 20 Apr, 2023
|Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
||01 - 03 Aug, 2023
|Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
||03 - 05 Oct, 2023
|NGN 175,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organizations sponsoring two staff will get 10% discount, Three - Five will get 15% discount, Six - Ten will get 20% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount. You can also consider the option of having this training in-house or online at 40% discount and 5 free e-books
Newways Expert Faculty