Negotiation is part of our daily lives. Every day we negotiate with customers, suppliers, co-workers, business associates and family members. Negotiation is a method by which people settle diï¬erences. It is, to put it simply, the process of trying to get what you want from another person. Too often, business negotiations are limited to a battle over price. While price is of course important, this single-mindedness limits the total value that the parties could benefit from in a partnership.
In this negotiation training course, you will gain insight into the habits of good negotiators as you build your own skills. Through a series of group exercises, you will be able to learn and practice proven negotiation tactics, refine your personal negotiating style, and improve your ability to negotiate successfully and eï¬ectively in any situation.
In this course, participants are exposed to a mixture of interactive and cooperative learning techniques such as lectures and presentations, interactive exercises, games, group activities and role plays.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Compare and contrast between the integrative and the distributive types of negotiations
- Evaluate and assess the soft, hard and principled styles in negotiation
- Identify and assess personality styles in negotiation
- Distinguish between the four phases of negotiation
- Examine and apply the different negotiating tactics
- Discover the best approach to resolving conflict and building trust
- Plan and conduct effective negotiations as part of a negotiating team
This course is designed for executives, managers, professionals, salespeople, entrepreneurs, customer service representatives, and anyone who wishes to enhance their negotiation skills and make negotiations a more enjoyable, rewarding and effective part of their job.
- Influencing others
- Rapport building
- Trust building
- Building consensus and cooperation
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Conflict management
- Introduction to basic negotiation skills
- Integrative versus distributive
- âNegotiation and personality styles
- âEssentials of negotiation
- Negotiation planning, preparing, and power
- Negotiation strategies and tactics
- Preparing and conducting individual and team negotiations