Business Intelligence in a business is to help corporate executives, business managers and other operational workers make better and more informed business decisions. Companies also use BI to cut costs, identify new business opportunities, and spot inefficient business processes ripe for re-engineering. BI as a discipline and as a technology-driven process is made up of several related activities which include, Data mining, analytical processing, Querying and Reporting. The potential benefits of business intelligence include Accelerating and improving decision making, optimizing internal business processes, increasing operational efficiency, driving new revenues, gaining competitive advantages over business rivals, identifying market trends and Spotting business problems that need to be addressed
This course makes use of Microsoft Excel which is the universal language of business and accountants, and most decision-makers in small to mid-sized businesses use the king of spreadsheets in some way for reporting. In fact, research analyst Gartner has conceded that “Excel is still the number one reporting tool”.
This course covers the Excel Dashboard and Reports, pivot table, Power BI publisher for Excel and Excel Power BI tools (power query, PowerPivot, power view, power Map) which will help in providing faster data insights, data analysis, data mining, data modelling, financial reporting, improving day-to-day decision-making capacities and business performance.
This course is very hands-on with Excel and offers all the advice and software practice utilizing these advanced tools which include building queries to extract, transform, and load data, and to create elegant data models with PowerPivot. This involves analyzing multiple data sets, working with cross-sectional data, merging different sets to create a data model.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Extract and transform data
- Import data into Power Pivot from different sources
- Set up and manipulate Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts with Power Pivot
- Describe, set up and work with Tables, Table Relationships, Calculated Columns and Measures
- Understand the complex DAX functions and use them in your data analysis
- Work with relational data and perform dynamic aggregation.
- Create a report with real-world data: PowerPivot, Power Query, power view and Power Map
- Calculated items and KPIs
- Extract meaningful insight from a data model
- Dynamic filters with slicers and timelines
- Automate reoccurring tasks
- Work with the ‘M’ language
- Localizing data and geographic plots across the globe
- Make a killer map
- Module 1: Introducing Power BI for Excel You Will Learn:
- Module 2: BI Data Query Course Content
- Module 3: Creating Data Models
- Module 4: PowerPivot for Excel
- Module 5: Creating PowerPivot Functions
- Module 6: Power View for Excel
- Module 7: Power Map for Excel
- Module 8: Power BI publisher for Excel
Who Should Attend?
This course is suited to those with an interest in Excel, data analysis, data science, business intelligence, market analytics, reporting sales, analytics, Fraud and Audit and is well suited for Accountants, statisticians, Auditors, Internal Auditors, Economists, enterprise managers, data analysts, Business Analysts, Finance staff, Banking staff, financial market staffs, consultants, Management and those involved with Compliance and Risk assessment and BI
Each participate is expected to have access to a system during the training as this is a practical class and this would aid active participation and understanding.
Prior knowledge of excel is a compulsory as this is not a beginner non- intermediate excel class.