Tableau has for some time been one of the most popular Business Intelligence and data visualization tools available. Why? Because, quite simply, it’s a tool that’s responsive to the needs of modern businesses. But it’s most effective when you know how to get what you want from it – it might make your business intelligent, but it isn’t going to make you intelligent…
We’ll make sure you’re well prepared to take full advantage of Tableau features. Whether you’re an experienced data analyst that wants to explore Tableau, or you’re a beginner that wants to expand their skillset and bring a more professional and sharper approach to their organization, we’ve got you covered. Beginning with the fundamentals, such as data preparation, you’ll learn how to build and customize your own data visualizations and dashboards, essential for high-level visibility and effective data storytelling. You’ll also find out how to so trend analysis and forecasting using clustering and distribution models to inform your analytics.
But it’s not just about you – when it comes to data it’s all about availability and access. That’s why we’ll show you how to share your Tableau visualizations. Its only once insights are shared and communicated that you – and your organization – will start making smarter and informed decisions. And really, that’s exactly what this course is for.
You will learn how to:
- Create stylish visualizations and dashboards that explain complexity with clarity
- Learn effective data storytelling to transform how your business uses ideas and makes decisions
- Explore the features in Tableau and start to redefine what business analytics means to your organization
- Find out how to build effective visualizations and dashboards
- Prepare and clean your data so you can be sure Tableau is finding answers to your questions – not raising more problems
- Discover how to create advanced visualizations that explain complexity with clarity and style
- Dig deeper into your data with clustering and distribution models that allow you to analyse trends and make forecasts
- Learn how to use data storytelling to aid decision-making and strategy
- Share dashboards and visualizations to cultivate a culture where data is available and valued
This three-days course is designed for the beginner Tableau user. It will help you understand and use the basic techniques for creating visualizations and combining them in interactive dashboards.
Before attending this course, students should have experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Module 1. Introduction to Business Intelligence
- Module 2. Data Connections
- Module 3. Transforming Data
- Module 4. Calculations in Tableau
- Module 5. Advanced Calculations
- Module 6. Parameters and Filters
- Module 7. Sorting
- Module 8. Grouping Techniques
- Module 9. Formatting
- Module 10. Map Basics
- Module 11. Visualizations
- Module 12. Introduction to Dashboards
- Module 13. Server Deployment (Demo Only)