IFRS refers to accounting standards issued to provide a common global language for business affairs so that company accounts are understandable and comparable across international boundaries to protect public interest, ensure accountability and win stakeholder confidence.
This course is designed to develop knowledge and skills in understanding and applying accounting standards and the theoretical framework in the preparation of financial statements of entities, including groups and how to analyse and interpret those financial statements. We will look at some of the more complex International Accounting Standards (IAS) as well as the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Participants will have a broader and in depth understanding of accounting and Financial Reporting to better prepare yourself for whatever challenges you may face within the world of finance
Accountants, senior accountants, chief accountants, accounting managers, general ledger accountants, corporate accountants, and professionals interested in upgrading, enhancing, and refreshing their accounting skills.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role of financial reporting
- Understand financial statement
- Identify assets and liabilities recognition criteria
- Understand the accrual basis concepts of accounting
- Identify the principle of capital and capital maintenance
- Understand the recognition, measurement bases, and disclosures of different IFRS and IAS standards
- The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.